Chairs: Professor Adekunle Adekile and Professor Aisha Gwarzo
Coordinator: Professor Obiageli Nnodu
Guest Speaker: Dr Maureen Achebe
1. Chairman's opening remarks: NSHBT & SCSSN - Professor Adekunle Adekile and Professor Aisha Gwarzo (12 mins).
2. Meaningful Partnerships in Fight Against Sickle Cell Disease in Nigeria - Dr Alayo Sopekan Desk Officer SCD, Federal Ministry of Health (10 mins).
3. Guest Lecture: Gene Editing for Sickle Cell Disease - Dr Maureen Achebe, Brigham & Women's Hospital, Boston (20 mins).
4. Living with sickle cell disease - Arch Maryam Machina (7 mins).
5. The progress of Sickle Pan Africa Research Consortium (SPARCO) project and feasibility of newborn screening for SCD using POCTs - Professor Obiageli E. Nnodu (12 mins).
a) Spring Trials from Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital - Drs Najibah Galadanci/ Shehu Abdullahi, Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital (10 mins).
b) Fixed Low-Dose Hydroxyurea for adults with SCA in Nigeria - University College Hospital Ibadan, Dr Titi Akingbola (10 mins).
c) Barriers to Hydroxyurea treatment in children - Professor Uche Nnebe-Agumadu - University of Abuja Teaching Hospital (10 mins).
d) Hydroxyurea treatment in children - Dr Olugbenga Ofakunri (10 mins).
7. Other emerging therapies for SCD - Professor Iheanyi Okpala & Professor Nosa Bazuaye, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu (15 mis).
8. Report from Delta State - Professor Angela Okolo, Delta State University Teaching Hospital Asala (10 mins).
9. Ethics of Advocacy, Stakeholders and Community Engagement Work for Sickle Cell Disease - Professor Emmanuel Okocha, NAUTH, Anambra State (10 mins).
10. Oxyurea - Pharmacist Andrew Aina, Bond Chemical Industries, Limited (5 mins).
11. Gazelle Microchip POCT Electrophoresis System - Gerrit Van Roekel, Hemex Health, Portland Oregon, USA (5 mins).
12. Q & A Session.
13. Communique - Professor Aisha Gwarzo, SCSSN and NSHBT
|23062020Virtual Conference Program.pdf||2.77 MB|
Zoom Meeting Link to Register Below: