Pain is a constant burden in a Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) patient's life. Careful management and reporting of pain is imperative to consequently improve a patient's quality of life. To this, we developed the SickleInAfrica Pain App. A novel pain management mobile app to help SCD patients with the recording and tracking of their pain.
The SickleInAfrica Pain App offers the following services:
- Records the users' pain and displays it over time in the dashboard.
- Tracks the users' sleep, diet and water intake.
- Records pain entry on graphical body representation.
- Sets medication reminders that send a notification to your mobile phone.
- Records and saves medication intake.
- Records user location when opening app to track weather information on user location.
The SickleInAfrica Pain App collects a variety of user information:
The app collects the user's location coordinates everytime they initiliase the app. This information is collected on the app and sent to an online server in the background. Where they are used to collect the location's weather information at a specific time.
User registry information is collected when a user registers an account on the app. This information includes a username, password, firstname, lastname, date of birth, and any disease the user has (if applicable).
Tracking data includes information consistently collected about the user's life. This includes their sleep, diet and water intake patterns as well as their pain level.
This SickleInAfrica Pain App exists in two states: an online and offline state. This logic is illustrated when first opening the app where the user is required to use either one of the two states. The SickleInAfrica Pain App is available on Google Play Store.
Link:Google Play Store